Skip to Content
Chorizo Goat Cheese Chomper Bites
- Canola oil, for deep frying
- 1–3 tablespoons cornmeal, plus 3/4 cup for dredging
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 9 ounces ground pork chorizo
- 4 ounces Treasure Cave® Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- Zest of 1 lime
- In a saucepan, bring the canola oil to a temperature of 350°F, or heat it on medium heat until the oil is ready for frying.
- Combine the ¾ cup of the cornmeal in a bowl with the salt, garlic powder and black pepper.
- Then, whisk the egg with the water in a separate bowl.
- Combine the chorizo with the goat cheese, parsley, green onion and lime zest, and mix until everything is combined.
- Roll the mixture into evenly sized miniature balls (about 1.5-2 inches), toss them in the egg mixture and then toss them in the cornmeal mixture.
- Let the bites sit for 5–10 minutes in the coating before frying. Then, drop them in the cooking oil and let them cook for 4–5 minutes or until they’re golden brown and the meat is cooked through.
- Remove the bites and drain them on a paper towel before serving.
- Tip: Season the bites with a dash of salt and a squeeze of lime juice when they’re fresh out the fryer for added flavor.