- 4 slices (1/2-inch thick) eggplant, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1 package (3 ounces) Wisconsin cream cheese
- 1/3 cup (1 ounce) grated Wisconsin parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, drained and crushed
- 1 1/2 cups (about 8 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese from Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Peanut or olive oil
- 4 English muffins, halved and brushed with herb oil
- Fresh arugula leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and set them aside.
- Whip the cream cheese until smooth and add the parmesan and garlic, blending well. Then, fold in the crushed white beans and stir to combine. Gently stir in the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese and blend it, along with the parsley and basil, into the cream cheese mixture. Then, set it aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the eggplant slices in a small amount of peanut or olive oil.
- Broil or toast the English muffins until they’re lightly golden, and spread each half with approximately 2 tablespoons of the gorgonzola spread. Top 4 halves with 1 slice of the cooked eggplant, arugula leaves and a tomato slice. Then, top with the other halves of the English muffins to make sandwiches. Cut each sandwich in half before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board