Skip to Content
Quick Chili with Smoke Flavor Blue Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 rounded Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 chipotles in adobo, chopped or, 1/2 cup hot chipotle salsa may be substituted
- 1 cup Mexican style beer
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28-ounce) can chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese
- Heat deep skillet or wide pot over medium high heat.
- Add oil and turkey. Crumble meat as it cooks, 3 minutes.
- Add onions, garlic, chili powder and chipotle.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Add beer and cook another minute, stirring to loosen any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, and beans and bring to a bubble.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls. Top with Blue Cheese.