For the blue cheese butter:
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
For the steak filling:
- 1 white onion, thickly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1½ pound flank or ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Loaf of sliced Texas toast
- First, make the blue cheese butter by combining the softened butter in a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Pulse the mixture until it’s combined. Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap, fold it into a log form, secure the edges and place it inside the freezer until it’s hardened.
- Then, make the steak filling by combining 2 tablespoons of the blue cheese butter with the sliced onions in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Toss while cooking, allowing the onions to caramelize, about 10–15 minutes. Then, increase the heat to medium high, add the steak, 1 more teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper to the tossed onions. Drizzle in the Worcestershire sauce along with 2 more tablespoons of the blue cheese butter. Toss ingredients together and reduce the heat to low until ready to serve.
- Before constructing the sandwiches, toast the bread with any remaining blue cheese butter. Top with additional blue cheese crumbles.