- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) Mama Mary's™ thin pizza crust
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Preheat the grill to 350F–400F for indirect grilling.*
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage and fennel 3–4 minutes, breaking the sausage apart as it cooks. Then, add the onion and cook 3–4 minutes more, or until the sausage is fully cooked.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Then, top the tomato sauce with the sausage mixture and sprinkle with the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese.
Carefully slide the prepared crust off of a cookie sheet or cutting board and directly onto the grill. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is melted.
Cut the pizza into 12 slices and serve immediately.
*Grills vary, so watch the pizza closely and adjust the heat as necessary to avoid burning the crust.