- 2 1/2–3 pounds sirloin or flank steak (about 12 servings)
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut up
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 celery stalk
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded
- 1 lemon, unpeeled and quartered
- 2 cups salad oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the potatoes:
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, heated
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese from Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- Place the steak into a large bowl.
- To make the chimichurri sauce: Combine the carrots, tomatoes, celery, garlic, pepper and lemon in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the salad oil, red wine, red wine vinegar, salt, red pepper and black pepper and process just until mixed.
- Pour half of the sauce over the meat, cover and refrigerate for at least 1–2 hours or overnight. Reserve and refrigerate the remaining sauce.
- To make the potatoes: Place the potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Add salt. Cook 15 minutes or until tender. Then, drain the potatoes. Return the potatoes to the saucepan and place over low heat until dry. Shake and stir until the potatoes are floury. Turn the heat to very low and mash the potatoes. Beat in the butter and cream. Then, mix in 1 cup (8 ounces) of the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese.
- Remove the meat from sauce and discard the sauce. Then, transfer the reserved sauce to a serving bowl.
- Grill the meat to the desired doneness and, with a sharp knife, cut it into thin diagonal slices across the grain.
- Spoon the potatoes onto the serving plate and top with the meat slices, the remaining Treasure Cave® Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese and the chopped chives. Serve the extra sauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board