- 2 pounds ground bison meat (85% to 90% lean)
- 4 ounces Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a press
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup hot wing sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 6 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 12 slices ripe tomato
- 6 very thin slices red onion
- Mix the patty ingredients, and then gently form six patties of equal size, each about ¾ inch thick. With your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the center of the patties to prevent them from forming a dome as they cook. Refrigerate the patties until ready to grill.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat and stir in the hot wing sauce.
- Grill the patties over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 7 to 9 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat. Remove the patties and the buns from the grill and immediately brush the patties on both sides with the hot wing sauce mixture.
- Build each burger on a bun with a lettuce leaf, two tomato slices, an onion slice, and a patty. Serve warm.
© 2014 Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Recipe from Weber’s Big Book of Burgers™ by Jamie Purviance. Used with permission.