Skip to Content
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 17.3-ounce package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices ham, fully cooked
- 1 5-ounce wedge Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken in butter for 1−2 minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel−lined cookie sheet.
- Cut pastry sheets in half widthwise. Roll out the sheets, if necessary, to make them larger. On one side of each half, place a chicken breast, one ham slice and blue cheese slices.
- Whisk egg and water. Lightly brush over pastry edges. Bring two sides of the pastry over the chicken, overlapping one over the other; press the seams to seal. Pinch together ends and fold under.
- Transfer to a greased 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan. Brush tops with egg mixture. Bake for 25−30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°F. Serve immediately.