- 4 ounces (1 cup) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Feta Cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips or crackers
Preheat the oven to 425oF. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Feta Cheese.
In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the shallots and cook until they’re fragrant and translucent. Then, add the crab meat and cook until it’s no longer translucent. Add the mayonnaise, cream cheese, all but the 1 tablespoon of Treasure Cave® Crumbled Feta Cheese and the lemon juice. Heat and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Then, stir in the green onions and pour the mixture into an oven-safe dish. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and combine it with the panko. Sprinkle the mixture over the dip, along with the remaining Treasure Cave® Crumbled Feta Cheese and bake for 12 minutes, or until the crumbs begin to brown.
Serve hot with tortilla chips or crackers.