- 3 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Cracked black pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Brush all sides of the lettuce with the olive oil. Grill the hearts, cut-side down, for 2 minutes on each side, until char marks appear on the surface of the lettuce and it wilts slightly. Set aside.
- Whisk together the red onion, salt, pepper and vinegar. Gradually whisk in oil until well blended.
- Place a half head of romaine cut-side up on a plate and drizzle the balsamic dressing on top. Sprinkle with blue cheese, bacon and onion. Garnish with cracked black pepper.