- 16−18 wooden skewers
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese for garnish
For the marinade:
- ¾ cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2−3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
For the fondue:
- 8 ounces Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the marinade ingredients together until well blended. Add the beef cubes and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slide the meat cubes onto the skewers.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Grill for 8−10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning skewers as they cook. Turn off grill and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat a saucepan to medium-high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and thyme and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream, cayenne and black pepper. When the cream mixture begins to bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the cheese mixture 1/3 cup at a time, stirring with a rubber spatula until the cheese is completely melted before adding more. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm.
- Transfer kabobs to a platter and garnish with crumbled blue cheese. Sprinkle chives on top of the blue cheese fondue and serve with the kabobs.