- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 package salad greens
- 2 large red apples, such as Braeburn, Gala, Fiji or Delicious
- 2/3 cup (4 ounces) Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese from Wisconsin
- 1 cup honey-dijon dressing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the walnut pieces in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 8–10 minutes or until fragrant. Remove the pieces from the baking sheet and place on a paper towel to cool.
- Meanwhile, divide the salad greens evenly on 4 chilled plates. Core and chop the apples into ½-inch pieces and place them on top of the salad greens. Then, sprinkle the Treasure Cave® Crumbled Blue Cheese and cooled walnuts evenly over the apples. Drizzle each salad with dressing.
- Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board