- 1½ pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
- 6 ounces Treasure Cave® Blue Cheese, crumbled Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 8 slices red onion, each about ¼ inch thick and 3 inches in diameter Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 small soft rolls, cut in half
- ½ cup loosely packed baby arugula
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- Divide the ground chuck into eight equal portions. Split each portion in half and shape into two patties, each 3 inches in diameter. Arrange eight patties on a work surface and place a tablespoon of the cheese in the center of each. Top with a second patty and squeeze the edges together, sealing the cheese inside. Season evenly with salt and pepper.
- Keeping the onion slices intact, brush them with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the patties and onion slices over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is cooked to medium and the onions are slightly charred, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, toast the cut side of the rolls over direct heat.
- Build the burgers with some arugula, a patty, remaining blue cheese, and an onion slice. Serve warm.
© Weber-Stephen Products LLC. Used with permission.